June 03, 2014

Fluorida judge attacks public defender



VIERA, Fla. - A judge allegedly struck a public defender Monday after a verbal confrontation in a Brevard County courtroom, Judge John Murphy is accused of hitting Andrew Weinstock, according to the public defender's office.

During a court session, Murphy asked Weinstock to waive his client's right to a speedy trial, but Weinstock refused, the public defender's office said.

The confrontation leading up to the fight was captured on video.

"If I had a rock, I would throw it at you right now," Murphy said. "Stop pissing me off. Just sit down. I'll take care of it. I don't need your help. Sit down."

"I'm the public defender, I have the right to be here and I have a right to stand and represent my clients," Weinstock said.

"Sit down," Murphy said. "If you want to fight, let's go out back and I'll just beat your ass."

"Let's go right now," Weinstock said. The two went into a hallway and Murphy allegedly grabbed Weinstock by the collar and started hitting him, according to the public defender's office.

Read more here

1 comment:

rmstock said...

The Prosecution was resting, so the judge felt overwhelmed ?

Here's the vid for dl :

http://www2.crashrecovery.org/daily/02.06.2014/Brevard-judge-accused-of-attacking-public-defender-WPEC-TV-CBS12-News-Monday-June-2-2014-0923-PM-EDT.mp4