February 04, 2014

My Debit Card Info was Stolen and Other Bank Info

I just want to give you all a heads up!

My debit card information was stolen. They started to use my card yesterday. They only got two charges through and it threw up a red flag and the fraud division of my bank put a hold on my card! The stores that the thieves shopped at and were successful were web hosting and Dr. Jays. When they purchased at Dr. Jays, the transaction was from New York and that threw the red flag. They tried to charge $1019 at Best Buy, another $300 something at Best Buy, another $300 something at NBA.com, another $300 something at Dr. Jays, and several other small ones that I can’t remember.
  
My bank will pay me back for the $75 and $90 that went through, but it will take months, so I am very pissed off!!! I thank God that my bank has a fraud department and that they caught this before they totally wiped me out. Anyway I will never use a debit card again, this is the second time this has happened to me. No more online shopping and cash and check only.

When I went to the bank this morning the teller had a stack of fraud claims on her desk. I asked her if they get a lot. That folder was just yesterday, they have recently been getting 100′s a week, and she said mine wasn’t bad, some are in the thousands. She said she has never seen it this bad, she said the criminals are getting better. You don’t even have to use it online, they can get it from keystrokes on your keyboard.

Read more here

Very interesting story, my hats off to the writer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is not "news", but what IS news is that what happened to Target is a real catastrophe for them, and for all of us, in-fact, because it shows that NO ONE is really "safe" and "protected" when they use a card of any kind.

There is simply no doubt that this happens far more than we have ever realized, and it really doesn't look like there is much that anyone can "REALLY" do to protect against it, in the end.

Lindsey