June 29, 2013

To Pay or Not to Pay

JB Campbell: Extremism Online

That used to be the question.  Today, the answer’s pretty obvious, due to admissions by the IRS’ top extortionists:  “No mas.”  The main admission, other than that the 5th Amendment is for the protection of innocent people, was that the income tax is voluntary.

I’m sorry to admit that I did volunteer to file and pay one time, back in ’76 for the year 1975.  That was my first year as a drilling foreman with ARCO, starting out in Hobbs, New Mexico.  I’d made pretty good money as a longshoreman and diver in Texas in the early ‘70s before two years of working for nothing in Rhodesia, but it had never occurred to me to file a tax return, since taxes were withheld from my paycheck and I just figured, Keep it, you rat bastards.  I’m not going to okay you robbing me by asking for some of it back.  While I did “volunteer,” I didn’t know it.  I’d figured I had a gun to my head.        Read the rest here

No comments: