Wednesday, September 11, 2013

USA Gov Asked To Prove Osama Bin Laden Death – In Court

The case disputes the decision of the government to withhold over 50 photographs and videos that were supposedly taken during the killing of Osama Bin Laden. The raid is said to have taken place on the 1st of May, 2011 at the compound of the terrorist in Pakistan. The decision by federal government to withhold these images was backed by the federal courts. However, the Judicial Watch has proceeded to the U.S Supreme Court for the decision to be reviewed. The argument that the government gives is that the images might anger the enemies of the United States and increase the threat of another attack. The appeal seeks to overrule the decision by the federal courts and to pressurize the DoD and CIA to release the images to the public domain. The Judicial Watch had first requested for the images and/or videos from the DoD and CIA. However, because they didn’t respond, the organization decided to take the matter to court. The organization had also filed a motion earlier that was against the Department of the Navy for refusing to share the actual details of the funeral and burial of Osama Bin Laden. The Navy in its defense said that the information could be used by enemies of the United States and the Islamists could also be incited to attack American citizens. The Judicial Watch claimed that it was only seeking the description of the burial and not any sensitive information that could undermine the future operations of the military.      ***Read article at RINF***

Also see: December 26, 2001 FOX NEWS Report: Bin Laden Already Dead

Also see: Interview with Osama bin Laden. Denies his Involvement in 9/11 

No comments: